Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Balancing Broomsticks

Tonight was not exactly what we had planned.  We had a follow up meeting for those who responded to the message of the No Longer Music show and only 2 people showed out of the many who responded.  I don’t know why we had such a small showing but it was disappointing.  However one of the guys who came really enjoyed it and said that these have been the best 2 days of his life!  Praise God!  

God did use the night for another purpose though.  We met at the church in the little town that we played in and I think our team was a good encouragement to them.  Many people from the church were there and we were able to share with them what God has been doing in our lives and they shared what God has been doing in theirs.  We prayed for them and then they blessed us by praying for us.  One woman came up to me and put her hands on my shoulders and began to pray in Portuguese for me.  Then she put her hand on my head and then my heart and then knelt down and put her hands on my feet while praying.  Very cool!  

The church is a very small building in this Mexican-looking neighborhood – houses crammed together that with concrete all around.  After the meeting a bunch of us played with the children that were there by trying to balance broomsticks on our hands.  

Tomorrow (Tuesday Oct 18) is our first full day off.  Touring with NLM is incredibly fast paced and crazy busy and sometimes pretty stressful.  But our team devotions and prayer time has been very refreshing for me.  

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey peter..

its your fav aunt ... it is sooo awesome to hear all about what God is doing... i am praying for you and joy and everyone like crazy!

i love you!

julie

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PETER!
I MISS YOU A LOT!!!!!! I know you're doing amazing works for God down there and I love to read about it! Be safe! Im praying about you a lot and you're on my mind a ton. The V-man is well...interesting, but Im sure a hit. I love you so much

Christy

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home