Saturday, October 15, 2005

In Brazil, since Monday

Wow! Its been a very busy time here in Brazil. I don`t have much time to type right now but I will write as much as possible. We stayed in Sao Paulo the first night in a hotel and then we took a bus to Curitiba (spelling?) where we will be staying until next week. Curitiba is a town of about 2 million and it is a 7 hour trip from Sao Paulo... south. This is the farthest south I have ever been!

When we arrived in Curitiba we were loaded into vans and I was loaded into a very basic, stripped down VW bus. Luke, our guide, organizer and translator, drove us to the place we are staying. That night (Tuesday night) it was pouring rain and we were driving through major traffic in a downtown area. Lots of stop and go. Luke was following two other vans ... let me just say it was the most crazy car ride I have ever been on. You have really never driven until you drive in Brazil. Its nuts!!! We should have died!! It was great!! Very exciting. LOL! And the rain didn`t help.

Soon we got out of the city and we were taking these corners on wet streets with a rear wheel drive van with bald tires that had no pressure in them. Lots of slippage!

We survived! We are staying at this YWAM camp. It lacks much but its nice to have our own place. Surrounding it are these little worn down houses and a busy street with semi trucks going constantly. However the landscape is beautiful. Very hilly and lots of trees and green.

For breakfast we have bread and tea and for lunch we go to these cheap buffets for like $2.00 a meal. And we have had grocery store food for dinner.

On Wednesday David, Luke, Rob (band member) and I went and met with a women who has a radio show in the area. David will be interviewed on the radio and hopefully get some TV airtime too. Pray that God will work those connections.

We have about 7 or 8 shows to do in Curitiba. Apparently they have been well promoted. In fact, for one show they have a car driving around all day every day with a big billboard on the side and a loud speaker. The radio is playing spots 5 times a day. Some shows could have thousands in attendence. PRAY!!

Well, I need to go now. I am sorry that I have not responded to e-mails. I have been really busy since these past 3 days we have been doing setup and rehearsals and I have not had wireless internet access. But, I think I will have more opportunities as the shows start.

Our first show is tonight!!! Please pray with us that the gospel will be clearly presented and many will come to know Jesus for the first time tonight!

Miss you all and praying for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home