Sunday, November 06, 2005

Balola

On Wednesday night we were eating pizza at this pizza parlor where they bring pizzas to you non-stop until you are full. Great and very cheap restaurants in Brazil. I was sitting next to Balola (spelling? pronounced Ba-loo-la) who is a 19 year old brazilian with hair spiked up a foot and a half tall. Its amazing what you can do with elmers glue isn't it?

Balola turned to me and said that he will have to go away for a year with the army starting next week. Its a requirement. He seemed pretty broken up about it. I told him that I would pray for him and he really appreciated that. Balola and his girlfriend Marina have developed a relationship with No Longer Music since 4 years ago. They have seen the show many times but had never made a decision to surrender their life to Jesus.

On Thursday night Balola showed up at the C-hipset Z-ero concert and afterwards he was broken up. I and another member of our team explained to Baloloa that Jesus loves him and wants a relationship with him. We explained the cross to him and encouraged him to surrender his life to Jesus. He wanted more time to think about it.

Last night was our last public show (wedding show is tonight) and Balola went forward and surrendered his life to Christ! I have been so excited! Today he and I are meeting for coffee at 1PM (10 AM CST). He says that he hasn't been sleeping well because he has been thinking so much and he has some questions.

Please pray for me as I help Balola begin his journey with Jesus. Pray that I have divine wisdom and guidance from the Holy Spirit as I talk to him today.

Last night we had 200 people show up for our final semi-public show. We handed out special invitations to this last show to those who responded at previous show. It was at the church we are working closely with. We saw people from all the shows that we have played at in Sao Paulo. Many like Balola recieved Christ last night and were connected to people in the church. David is speaking tomorrow for the churches Sunday morning and evening services and we have invited all of them back. I get to lead worship on Sunday night as well! Plus I am playing and singing 4 songs in this wedding that we have tonight!

This may be my last blog from Brazil! Thank you so much for your committed and consistant prayers. I have many more stories about God's amazing power during this past month and stories about all the different adventures of Virgin Man (mostly all of them are humiliating).

I will see most of you this week!!!!!

With much love, Peter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home