Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Day 17 - Tea and Willard

Mondays are our full day off and today I spent it researching where Joy and I will go during our 10 day break from April 7 - 17. I have heard in various places that we should try as hard as we can to see the south island. I mean, when you see pictures like this and we are already down here... how can you not go see it?

There may be some options with renting or 'hiring' a motorhome for about $40 US a day. If we got 2 or 3 more people to go it could be feasible.

Then I went to the beach and read a chapter out of Renovation of the Heart by Dallas Willard. Its amazing how my reading and the lectures are colliding. We have spent a lot of time on character and spiritual formation. I think I have some new and clearer perspectives which is exciting!

Finally, one of the students houses hosted a tea party for everyone. That was very fun! Joy and I spent time talking to a polish couple who works with homeless in their homeland. I really enjoy talking to them and I hope to have more opportunities.

God is good! Man, I really miss shoveling snow back home.... ;-) (that should create some activity in the comments section.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Berg said...

snow is inspiring... I think i'll write another blog about it. ;)

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shoveling snow makes house prices in southern california almost worth it!--Almost. Speaking of almost, I almost want to move to New Zealand after your pics.
It must be even nicer than in the movies!

Chris

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home