Saturday, March 04, 2006

Day 8 - Deep River

What a day! Today I walked from our town to another town that is 25 minutes away by bus on the beach. On the way I came upon a river that connects to the ocean. I decided to walk through it. It was about 20 feet across and it was shallow water most of the way across. But then the final 5 feet dropped quickly. I grabbed all the stuff in my pockets and held them up. The water went up to my chest! I was wearing jeans and a zip up hoody sweatshirt. So, the rest of my seeking God day was spent drying off while I walked the cold, windy beach.

So how was my day? Well, it was great to pour my heart out to God and I really felt as though he was listening intently. That was very comforting. But he brought up some stuff that was very difficult to hear. I spent much of the time wrestling with God over what he brought up. To put it in biblical terms He is shaving off pieces of clay that I don't want to let go of and he is adding clay that is not comfortable or natural.

One issue is that he brought up was living cheaply and with a servants heart. The steiger staff have servants hearts that really challenge me. And if we are going on the mission field we have to make some lifestyle changes. It hurts! But when I think about the vision... When I think about trading my american lifestyle for living according to what it seems like God is calling towards it makes it easier. If I let go of this I get THIS! Living according to God's call will always be the best and the most rewarding.

Ugh... well, I expect that my seeking God days are going to really be challenging for the rest of the school. THANK YOU for your prayers! Pray that I have the courage to do what God asks. He's really pushing me.

31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 8:31-34

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Kent said...

Your trip sounds very exciting. Change hurts. It really does. My recent changes have hurt. But I have to think that NOT changing hurts worse.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home