Friday, March 10, 2006

Day 14 - Seeking God Day II


BEFORE THE BLOG BREAKING NEWS: Tomorrow there is a Gay and Lesbian Fair in Wellington! What a perfect opportunity for our second 'Radical Evangelism Saturday' project (remember we are a day ahead of you, 5 hours back)! So we are going to setup the 'Jesus Stall' and serve free Jesus water. We will have this verse on each bottle:
"13Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."John 4:13- 14
Our mission is "to show the love of Jesus to those who recieve nothing but hate from Christians. We do not condone or support their lifestyle but we love them becasue they have the worth of God's creation." Please pray for us (especially unity in our team). This came up very quickly and we have had little time to pray about it ourselves. I'll blog about it tomorrow!

NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED BLOG: Today I went into town and ran a couple errands while seeking God. He led me to Isaiah chapter 61. What a powerful and amazing chapter! I love it when it the Holy Spirit speaks to you and bring you to tears over a passage you have heard many times before!

Then, I grabbed a coffee and walked the beach for 3 hours pouring my heart out to God. I have been thoroughly praying for many of you that read this blog. I must say that I am really enjoying seeking God day. This must come home with me.

Much more I could write but it’s between Him and I. Check out Isaiah 61. Dig into it! Pray over it!

Tonight I talked to a girl at our school who just graduated from a local high school south of the river in Minnesota. Wow… high school is way, way worse than I ever thought. I am soooo out of touch. She let me in on some of the dark, underground culture that is very much alive and well. Ugh… I feel sick about it. And I feel like I have failed. But, it challenges me to seek God about it and what could be done. Support Tony Ripley and Young Life! She said that is the most influential youth ministry program in the schools right now!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter, how can I communicate with you? I need to talk. - tony gabriel

5:03 AM  
Blogger Peterzog said...

Tony,

Check your e-mail.

Peter

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home