Monday, March 06, 2006

Day 10 - Joy's Birthday

Joy gets to celebrate her birthday over a 48 hour period because New Zealand experiences March 5 earlier than the US. So, she gets her birthday on Sunday (NZ March 5/US March 4) and Monday (NZ March 6/US March 5).

Neat!

The day started off by going to the church we are partnering with then...

I wanted Joy to be able to surf on her birthday because she has wanted to soooo badly. So on Saturday I took her to a place that sells wetsuits for really cheap and we got her one. Then on Sunday Aaron (my cousin) and Jen (his girlfriend) took us to a beach with good surfing. And Joy was able to get up a couple times. I took a picture of one of the times with Jen's camera. I'll put it up as soon as I get it.

Then at 4 we had the entire team over to our house for a BBQ. "Throw some meat on the barby (in a true NZ accent)" It was a blast. We had music playing, BBQ roasting, Badmitton, a man-event (just manly competitions for the guys that you have to play with your shirt off, for example, slapping your chest open handed and seeing if you can make your chest the reddest of all or chicken fights) and one of the germans made a cake for Joy. It was fun to hear everyone sing to Joy in their native language.

Monday is our day off. I going to prepare for worship this week since I am in charge of that here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home