Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Day 18 - Malta

Mark spoke today about evangelism and more on character and leadership. Here are a couple points that I found interesting:

Evangelism:
* Outreach programs and events lose their evangelistic nature overtime unless something is done about it. Evangelism Leaks!

* Relax! Let relationships build... but make sure you give people the opportunity to surrender their life to Jesus.

* Remember to talk about the most important person in your life not just rational, intellectual and apologetic arguments about God.

* Don't water down or modify how you talk about God when you are in the presence of unbelievers. Of course technical discussion can confuse people but we need to remain true and natural in our responses.

Leadership:
* In ministry you will always live with a level of uncertainty. For example, Paul wanted to get to Rome and wasn't sure if he would get there (Acts 20). If Paul experienced and lived with uncertainty, we will as well.

* Most often you will have to go through Malta before you get to Rome. Detours are a reality! But they have a purpose and are necessary and there is important ministry to be done there.

Joy and I are doing well. Thanks for your prayers and friendship!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse me. I'd like to make a comment.... I think Peter and Joy ROCK!!! There, I said it. I feel much better now. Thank you for the opportunity to make a comment.
Signed,
Mr. Greenjeans
(Oops, I forgot. You're too young to know who that is.)
PS. Sandy's procedure went great!

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home