Monday, March 27, 2006

Day 30 - Deodorant Blowtorch

Went to church this morning. Joy and I missed the bus to church so we walked an hour from our house to Waikanae where the church is. Joy and I sat in the back of the sanctuary where all the parents and kids are - never again.

After church we went to 'the boys house' where the Brazilians cooked up some meat for us in a BBQ. The BBQ didn't have any charcoal so they used charcoal sized chunks of wood. Diago didn't have any fuel to start it so he stuffed paper around the wood and then pulled out his spray deoderant and lit it like a blow torch to start the BBQ!!!! I was shocked and laughing soooo hard! I love the brazilians! We have video that I hope to put up for your enjoyment.


This evening Marcin and Ola from Poland came over and had dinner with us. Here Joy and Ola are making dinner and Marcin is reading a book. Marcin is a professional filmmaker. I have enjoyed talking to him about his profession.

Then Joy and I went back to the boys house and played consequence poker (check out Joy's blog for details). I lost so my consequence is that I have to dump juice on myself sometime during our group lunch during the week. 2 weeks ago I had to wear these large ear protection headphones for 24 hours.

Oh, and this is Dirk, one of the germans we are living with. They leave Saturday since his wife Gaby is pregnant and they don't want to fly any later in the pregnancy, so they are leaving early. Dirk and Gaby have been working in India with the poor and sick.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Berg said...

Better deoderant than a fart! Did the food smell any better? Miss you, man!

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home