Sunday, March 26, 2006

Day 28 - Seeking God Day IV


Near our house is the "Waikanae Bowling Club". While on my way to a nearby town to spend my seeking God day I took these pictures. I was intriqued about how to play the game so I looked up the rules. Here is an excerpt from www.bowlsamerica.org:

The general object of the game is for participants to roll each of their BOWLS as close as possible to a single small white ball called the JACK (or kitty). Bowls may hit the jack, but the jack must remain within the boundary markers or the END will be declared "dead." Bowls are likely to hit other bowls, and may propel them into a position that is perhaps nearer to the jack, or perhaps to a distant position outside the boundary marker line that will take them out of play.


I went to a town called Paraparaumu which is a 15 minute bus ride from Waikanae. I spent lots of time at a coffee shop where this little bird hopped in and out of the shop picking up bread crumbs. It was fun to watch.

I studied Saul and why God regretted putting him in leadership. I have really been challenged about responsibility and stewardship of leadership and the last thing I want to hear from God is 'I regret putting you in leadership'. If you read 1 Samuel you see that Saul clearly disregarded God's instruction. I told God about my desire to have such a tight relationship with Jesus that I am very familiar with the scriptures, that I can clearly hear His voice and can obey and trust in His leading.

I left the coffee shop and went to the beach and walked home. I spent the time pouring my heart out to God through prayer. It was a beautiful walk. Here are some pictures.






Instead of going through the river I took the bridge this time. However it took forever to get from the ocean to the bridge that went over the river. I had to walk through some high bush and through a horse pasture. Here is a picture of a brown horse. This is a New Zealand brown horse in a pasture standing on her/his four feet.

Then, in the evening Joy and I went to Wellington to get an idea what the night life is like there. We went to Cuba street where there are many clubs and bars. It was amazing to see how young the kids that were drunk there. The drinking age is 18 therefore many 16 year olds are walking around and everyone is very drunk. I have not seen so much public drunkenness. I was really afraid to walk too close to these teens because I didn't want to get thrown up on. I am serious! Apparently last Friday was 10 times worse with St Patricks day. It's a crazy and sad scene.

Next week we will be putting together our 'storytelling' outreach. I will write more about it as the week goes on. The basic premise is we will have a parade to draw people to a certain location where we will tell entertaining stories using drama and circus/gypsy music that have an evangelistic message. We are going to do it all day Saturday with 2 afternoon shows and 2 evening and late night shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home