Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Day 31 - Showering and Identity

Today Dirk walked out of the bathroom and said to me "Aaaah... cold showers." And I said, "What? You took a cold shower?" And he said, "Yeah... real men always take cold showers not sissy warm showers."

This is the kind of persecution I deal with everyday. Dirk always likes to point out my flaws and call me names in German that I can't understand. Of course I always dish it back... but its tough, you know? I need to affirm myself that taking warm showers doesn't make me a sissy.

I didn't feel so great today. I had a sore throat and felt weak. Joy went surfing with Christa and I stayed home. I spent time with God and also made some phone calls. I have been really seeking God more boldly everyday. I have been pretty candid with him about some stuff. It's very refreshing to feel that I am getting down to the core of my deepest desires so that I can lay them before Him - and seek His response.

Thank you for your prayers!

Pray for Dirk, he is not a Christian (he believes in God and has seen God intervene in his life but he doesn't think that Jesus is the Son of God and thereby not the only way). We only have until Saturday with them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Berg said...

I think you could argue with Dirk that real men take REALLY STEAMING HOT, almost scorching showers - showers that BURN the dirty and smelly skin cells right off! Can a cold shower do that?! Eeeeh?

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And dont forget about shrinkage...

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home