Friday, March 31, 2006

Day 34 - All Out for Sea Gulls

We had another lesson on hermeneutics this morning and then in the afternoon Joy and I went over to David and Jodi's for a meeting. They have asked us and a few of other people who are very godly and talented (these people challenge Joy and I) to be apart of a team that will help steiger move from a movement to a mission. We are very excited about this opportunity. The team is currently in its early stages so Joy and I have been praying about our role - if any - that we would have in it. Steiger has soooo many ministries and new opportunities around the world and now God is providing significant amounts of financial resources that will help it move into a new chapter.

Then tonight while watching the sunset and praying on this hill overlooking the beach, I saw this dog running full speed along the surf. I mean full speed! From where I was sitting I could see a long stretch of beach and this dog ran as fast as it could from one end of my view to the other end. No owner around, no slowing down. It was actually quite funny! I thought of the movie funny farm where Chevy Chase buys that dog that runs away the first time he brings it home! And then on the opposite end of my view I could see a flock of birds sitting on the beach. This was his target. Soon birds were every where and the dog was running in circles and jumping in and out of the surf chasing sea gulls. Then, after a few minutes of stirring them up he ran back to where he came from - full speed. ALLL the way across my view.

Then I began to ask God to lead me into a job/ministry/role/place/life where I can be like that dog running full speed, all out, according to the way He designed me, using my strengths and giftings to a clear target that He has placed in my path. I KNOW that God found pleasure in that dog running all out across the beach and I believe he wants that for me, for Joy too and for all of us. Isn't that what we all want? Isn't that what life is supposed to be like? "Seek first My Kingdom and My Righteousness and all these things will be added onto you." Matthew 6:33

-End Mini-Sermon- Seeking God Day tomorrow!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only did God find pleasure in that, but I bet the dog was about as happy as he could be also!
My new prayer for you and Joy is that God's using you makes you as happy as a seagull chasing dog!
chris

5:52 AM  
Blogger Peterzog said...

Thanks Chris! Have you guys gotten a dog yet?! :)

Peter

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. I'm stuck with this stupid moody not chasing God cat. All my efforts to witness have gone unnoticed....when we do get a dog though, I'm going to train it to chase seagulls. I may call it crusader or something :) We'll see.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Jeremy Berg said...

Good image. Speaking of wild and ravenous dogs, I hung out with Daisy the other day when i paid a visit to your grandparents! Daisy looks happy - but she barked that she misses you. Bud and Joane might come to the 8-week Historical Jesus class i'm teaching starting this Monday! I'm pumped. Bud warned me that Joane is going to ask a lot of questions and i shouldn't ever call on her if she raises her hand! =) I love them.

Go Birddog!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home