Saturday, April 01, 2006

Day 35 - Crushed Velvet

We are just under halfway done with school! Like I said about 3 posts back, time feels like it is going really fast. Today was seeking God day and I spent mine at home to rest and get healthy - I haven't been feeling 100% for a while. I read, prayed, napped and listened to a Dave Johnson sermon since thedoor.org now has streaming video and audio. Dave looks good on Joy's video iPod.

 This evening was very fun. This picture is of some of the actors in this weekend's storytelling evangelistic event in Wellington. Can you spot Joy in this picture? Hint: She looks a big like the emporer on Star Wars. I am a flag waver in the parade. We are supposed to have a gypsy/pirate look going on. I don't have any thing close to that so I wore Joy's crushed velvet skirt... but I guess it looks too goth so I won't be wearing that tomorrow (I'm thankful).

Joy's role is to hold one side of the curtain during the show. Here she is with her hood on holding my flag. Isn't she cute?

The story is of a maiden who falls in love with a prince then gets capture by an evil man and his henchmen. The prince searches and finds the maiden, kills his henchmen and is about to kill the evil man when the evil man reveals that if he is killed, his killer must die too. The prince tells the maiden to run and then kills the evil man and therefore the prince dies too. This story is told by Nate who is very lively and has a very loud voice and also with actors and musicians. Nate then explains that we are like the maiden and although the prince is dead in the story, there is one who also defeated death. Posted by Picasa

Tonight was our dress rehearsal. We rehearsed in a local park where there where some kids playing on the playground.
When we started our parade the kids ran over and followed us until we stopped and put on the show. Many of them watched the whole thing and heard about Jesus. They loved the show and were very bummed when we left.

After the rehearsal we returned home where Dirk and Gaby cooked us one final, BIG meal before they left. Which seems a little backwards since we should probably cook a farewell meal for them. But they love to cook and do it well so we let them cook for us. Nigel and Rachel (2 staff members) joined us and it was a beautiful and tasty evening. I really, really wanted Dirk to see Jesus here in New Zealand but we are running short on time here. Dirk has had a lot of Christians shove Jesus in his face so any discussions I had with him were a bit tricky. I believe God has a plan for a future revealation of Jesus to him and I will continue to pray for that but for now I see that our role was to simply love him and show him Jesus through our love. However, I felt the love of God through THEM because of their servant hearts!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too am relieved that you won't be wearing Joy's crushed velvet skirt in public.

Also, this may be new to you..but we knew all along that men were created in Dog's image :)

Love Caroline

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey peter!!
omgoodness we miss you a lot...
i bet its been a lot nicer there than it is here...actually its been okay.. its just rained a lot... we just finished our digital camera rally, it was really fun.. but yeah we still miss you. :[
i shared my testimony last wednesday too! i was pretty nervous but im glad i got to..
i've been praying for you! we all have been in youth group too.
and what you said a while ago really has helped me get through every day... just telling myself all the negative things i hear about my self-image are lies..

everybodys suuper excited for the missions trip too!

and we can't wait till you get back!
--kayla--

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home