Thursday, March 02, 2006

Day 7 - Gizmo

So, Joy and I walked around neighborhoods today installing 'gizmos' in people's toilets. Gizmos are small weights that restrict how much water flows through a toilet to conserve water. We are doing this for a community service and so that we can get to know the people in this community. We only were 9 houses in and one toilet modification when an elderly woman invited us in for tea. We ended up talking to her for 45 minutes. It was wonderful! She goes to the church steiger is working with and was very fun to talk to. You could tell she was old on the outside but still very young inside.

Today David spoke to us about the his philosophy of evangelism and about the importance of seeking God. Tomorrow we will be spending the entire day alone seeking God. I may travel out to Kapiti Island just off of our beach. Kapiti Island is where they filmed portions of King Kong and its a bird sanctuary with many rare birds that are extinct in many parts of the world. Its a 6 hour walk around the island.

David stressed to us the importance of seeking God and challenged us to really give him our all; all of our dreams, all of our desires, all of our wishes, all of our worries, concerns, needs... in detail. And he challenged us to ask God for huge things.

He pointed out that Hebrews 11:6 says God will reward those who earnestly seek Him. David asked us if we wanted that reward and if we are willing to earnestly seek Him to get it. David said that it was on Waikanae beach, the very beach we are at, where he started asking God to allow Steiger to do ministry in South America. He was earnestly asking God for this and when he returned home and checked his e-mail he received one from a pastor in Brazil saying, "I hear you are coming to Brazil". That led to 4 evangelistic tours of Brazil, 2 of which Joy and I were apart of. And now there are Brazilians in the school with us. This is a huge act on God's part in response to David's earnest prayers. We have a very powerful God!

Tomorrow, I will be praying about Joy and my future. What does it look like? Where does God want us? I will also be praying for my family and friends. That they will see God's power as much as I have and more. And I will be praying for our church, Chapel Hill. I will be praying that God will do a great new thing this year. And I will be praying that God will blow away anyones expectations there - especially this year with our Youth Missions Fundraiser March 11. (To the Showcase team, I will be praying as boldly as I know how that God will do the impossible!)

Our camera is on the fritz so I don't think I'll be putting to much pictures up unfortunately... Until tomorrow...

3 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Kent said...

Wow. How exciting. David's reflections on Prayer are helpful. Regarding prayer, I am in a learning phase. Good stuff.

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear(and see--gotta "unfritz" your camera!) that you guys are in such a great place, are learning so much, and working so hard for the Lord! We are thinking about you and praying for you.
Chris

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well today's Friday and right now you are probably being stretched inways you could never imagine before you went to steiger. i'm praying for you guys, that God will not only reveal himself to you in a new and miraculous way but that you will to be temted by satan in this time and that God will touch each of you together and individually. I love you both and can't wait to read about what happened during your day of prayer!

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home